Posted on: 23/11/2016
Location / Country: Belgium
Language: English and French
Sectors: Agriculture and rural development
Project Duration: Long term
Seeking for: University Degree in one of the following fields: Agriculture, Rural Development, Veterinary; with 2 to 6 years of relevant professional experience
Work experience: Previous experience of EU funded projects in the relevant area of activity would be desirable.
Agriconsulting Europe S.A. (AESA), consulting firm for the development of rural, economic, and social activities, as leader of the SIEA LOT 1 Framework contract (FWC) Sustainable management of natural resources and resilience is seeking a brilliant and motivated project manager for the management of the FWC. Based in Brussels, AESA provides donors funded technical assistance to third countries. The key role of the FWC manager is to contribute to the acquisition of new specific FWC contracts and to support the department in the project management of the awarded FWC projects, the consortium coordination and all other day-to-day activities.
Under the responsibility and guidance of the Coordinator of the Agriculture and Rural Development department, the selected candidate will be in charge of:
• Drafting of internal documents and liaising with consortium partners;
• Identification and selection of international and national experts;
• Editing and reviewing of curricula vitae;
• Evaluation of expert’s cvs proposed by consortium partners;
• Wrapping-up of offers and submission of technical and financial offers ;
• Management of awarded projects;
• Negotiating and drafting of experts’ contracts;
• Managing logistics for expert’s mobilization;
• Monitoring of administrative and financial documents (time sheets, mission claims, invoices etc.);
• Monitoring of project budgets and accounts implemented by Agriconsulting Europe;
• Participation to backstopping missions (also abroad) for on-going projects when requested
• Supervising and coordinating projects implemented by the Consortium partners
• Proof reading and editing of project outputs;
• Management of daily communications with project staff and stakeholders (beneficiaries and clients).
• Updating the database and Framework contract files.
• Preparation of yearly FWC reports (for Consortium partners and the EC)
• University Degree in one of the following fields: Agriculture, Rural Development, Veterinary. Knowledge of EC Policy for Agriculture and Rural Development , familiarity with EC Policy for cooperation and development with third countries would be an asset. Knowledge of the environmental related EC policies would also be considered as a strenght.
• A professional demonstrable experience between three and ten years.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Solid commercial abilities
• Personal communication capabilities
• Strong computer and technical skills, including experience with Word, Excel Power Point and Access.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritises with strong self-motivation.
• Able to meet deadlines and managing stressful situations
• Problem solving personal attitude
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Good accounting skills
• Previous experience of EU funded projects in the relevant area of activity would be desirable.
• Ability to work in English (fluency) and French (working knowledge)
• Available to start working in the new position with a short notice
Only applications matching most of the above mentioned requirements may be taken in consideration
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toLorenzo Grazioli l [dot] grazioli [at] aesagroup [dot] eu; Francesca Petrone f [dot] petrone [at] aesagroup [dot] eu
Deadline for Applications: 31/05/2018