Posted on: 21/11/2017
Location / Country: Sierra Leone
Project Duration: 700wd
Seeking for: a Senior with a MA Degree in Public Administration, Law, Economics, Political Science, Management or equivalent
Work experience: At least 12 years of professional experience in development.
The Team Leader will be resident in Freetown and will be responsible for coordinating the work conducted by the experts under the different components and ensure the delivery of the requested services described in the ToR. Additionally, she/he will be the leading advisor for the general organisational capacity building components of the project.
Due to the prominence of his/her role the Team Leader's presence in Sierra Leone shall be permanent during the period of the contract (apart from authorised absences, e.g. annual leave).
The Team Leader must have the following background/experience:
Qualifications and skills
• At least a Master Degree in Public Administration, Law, Economics, Political Science, Management or equivalent first university degree and 3 years more than the minimum years of general experience defined below
• Demonstrated analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and knowledge transfer skills (for capacity building activities).
• Good leadership and coordination skills.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with technical assistance supported by a different entity
• Must be fully computer literate and able to use relevant software
General professional experience
• At least 12 years of professional experience in development.
• At least 8 years experience of team management comprising international and local experts; including multi-sectoral teams
• Experience as a Team Leader or equivalent on at least two similar sized projects
• Experience of working in Anglophone African countries will be considered an advantage.
Specific professional experience
• At least 8 years of working on democratic governance and institutional strengthening in developing countries, preferably in a technical advisory capacity, including in anglophone Africa
• Experience in support to capacity building and policy development of state institutions
• Experience in planning, delivering, management and implementation of capacity building programmes associated with public administration reform, parliaments and electoral management bodies.
• Experience in project cycle management with ability to manage and oversee all aspects of the project cycle.
• Experience working with EU development cooperation and proficiency in EDF procedures, particularly with Programme Estimates.
• Experience in supporting policy dialogue.
• Knowledge of gender mainstreaming.
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toAlessio Bianchini a [dot] bianchini [at] aesagroup [dot] eu
Deadline for Applications: 21/12/2017