The general objective of the Technical Trade Bariers(TBT) programme is to contribute to improved competitiveness in local, regional and export markets by enhancing the export capacity of the economic operators in Afrcan, Caribeean and Pacific (ACP) countries. The specific objective is to strengthen the capacity of ACP countries and regions to influence and comply with Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) on external markets, as well as to define and enforce the legitimate and adequately harmonized TBT on internal markets while drawing maximum advantage of the existing Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) of the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The purpose of the service contract is to establish Project Management Unit (PMU) which will successfully implement the TBT programme.
AESA is responsible for the recruitment of all the experts of the PMU and will implement the following specific activities:
• Assess the project proposals received from the beneficiaries in terms of eligibility and added value;
• Assist beneficiaries in drafting the ToR;
• Present selected project proposals and ToR of the Contracting Authority for approval;
• Ensuring continuous monitoring and quality support of ongoing projects, undertake monitoring missions in view of overseeing the follow-up of activities implemented and suggest possible actions aiming at improving the programme efficiency;
• Promote the TBT programme in order to maximize and distributing relevant promotional material;
• Ensure information dissemination and promotion on programme activities by means of missions, newsletter and punctual update web-site;
• Preparation and management of the Programme Estimate;
• Organization of workshops, trainings, twinning and secondment activities, meetings with TBT related institutions, preparation of the Steering Committee meetings;
• Ensure adequate reporting and sound financial management in compliance with EC financial procedures.
• WTO- TBT Agreement- SPS-Trade Facilitation;
• Trade Promotion;
• Commercial Policy.
• List of services:
• Programme implementation – management ;
• Institutional capacity building - strengthening;
• Administrative assistance.