The Standards and Market Access Programme (SMAP) aims to strengthen the legal framework and institutional infrastructure for testing and certification of plant and animal-based products
The overall objective of the programme is to enhance market access and competitiveness of Kenya’s animal and plant based products through geater adoption of relevant international standards and improved regulation and enforcement in Kenya.
1. To contribute to the domestication of international standards for animal and plant-based products;
2. To enhance the capacities of the key Kenyan institutions in the enforcement of standards for animal and plant- based products and in service delivery;
3. To broaden the demand for SPS testing and standardization of quality in animal and plant based products.
• Drafting of legislation
• Organisational development studies
• Application of procedures
• Legal approximation
• Quality control