Posted on: 06/07/2017
Location / Country: Lebanon
Language: English . French and Arabic
Project Duration: 21 months
Seeking for: Key expert 1: team leader (category 1) (estimated 320 days)
Work experience: in security, police training
The Team Leader will be in charge of the technical and operational coordination of all project activities. He/she will ensure coordination and coherence of the project, the provision of adequate support to the team of non-key experts, the administrative and financial management and project outreach activities.
His/her work will include:
• Support and advise the ISF Strategic Planning Unit in the further development and implementation of the ISF strategic priorities and in general in all its tasks related to internal organisational development and institutional change management
• Guarantee the necessary logistical support to the TA team and non-key experts deployed
• Ensure a quality control check on the work delivered by all project experts
• Develop and implement internal procedures for the proper management and monitoring of project activities and expenditure
• Ensure the effective and coherent implementation of the activities foreseen in the logical framework
• Promote coordination and consistency with other donors' initiatives in the areas of interventions.
• Monitor the achievement of project results through the definition and use of SMART indicators (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound)
• Support the development and implementation of tools to guarantee the project communication, visibility and outreach to the general public
• Coordinate the drafting of the reports specified in the contract
• Assist the Contracting Authority and the Beneficiary in the procurement of supplies and the management of the related supply contracts, facilitating their implementation by ensuring conformity of the delivery of the equipment to the technical specification defined
• Take all necessary steps in compliance with EU procedures to facilitate the implementation of the project
• Share home experience with media to advice/assist with local media cooperation
• Care the Technical Secretariat of the Project Steering Committee
- Qualifications and skills:
• University degree in political sciences, law, management or other relevant subject.
• Communication and negotiation skills.
• Fluency in English. Communication skills in French are an advantage. Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset.
• Good IT literacy
General professional experience:
At least 15 years' professional experience, including at least five years' experience in posts of responsibility related to project management.
Specific professional experience:
• At least ten years' experience in designing, implementing or assessing international projects, preferably EU funded;
• At least five years' experience in managing teams in international projects;
• At least 5 years of relevant experience related to organisational development of law enforcement organisations
• Good knowledge of the legal and institutional context of the MENA countries would be an advantage.
Please add the position applied for and the name of the country in the subject line.
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toLaura Felisatti i [dot] felisatti [at] aesagroup [dot] eu
Deadline for Applications: 10/08/2017