Posted on: 06/07/2017
Location / Country: Lebanon
Language: English . French and Arabic
Project Duration: 21 months
Seeking for: Key expert 3: Community Safety/Community Policing Training Expert (category 1) (Estimated 240 days)
Work experience: in security, police training
Under the supervision of the Team Leader and in cooperation with the Senior Training Coordinator, the Community Safety/Community Policing Expert will support the implementation of the joint training activities under the third component, and the analysis of the potential of improvement in interagency coordination.
His/her tasks will cover the following:
• Provide continued technical assistance to the ISF Training Department for the organisation of joint training activities on relevant subjects such as community safety, community policing, crisis/risk management and disaster response.
• Deliver relevant training and facilitate the identification and deployment of the non-key expertise needed to implement activities in his/her field of competence
• Support active coordination and synergy with other donors' training initiatives
• Analyse the potential for interagency cooperation and supervise the preparation of the documents on this aspect
Qualifications and skills
• University degree in law, political sciences or equivalent.
• Fluency in English. Communication skills in French are an advantage. Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset.
• Excellent IT literacy
General professional experience
At least 15 years' professional experience, out of which at least 10 years within a police force or a public rescue/emergency organisation.
Specific professional experience
• At least five years' experience in issues related to community safety or community policing or disaster response ;
• At least 3 years of experience in designing and delivering training programmes to the benefit of law enforcement institutions on community safety, integrated response to security threat and emergency.
• Knowledge of international cooperation will be an advantage.
Please add the position applied for and the name of the country in the subject line.
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toLaura Felisatti i [dot] felisatti [at] aesagroup [dot] eu
Deadline for Applications: 10/08/2017