Posted on: 25/10/2016
Location / Country: Liberia
Project Duration: 36 months
Seeking for: Public Sector Capacity Building expert
Work experience: in the PUBLIC SECTOR, GOOD GOVERNANCE, INSTITUTIONAL CAPACITY BUILDING
The purpose is to strengthen the National Authorising Officer (NAO) system in Liberia to continue to observe its responsibilities and obligations under the Cotonou Agreement by strengthening capacities and capabilities to effectively programme, supervise, manage, monitor the implementation, and account for EU cooperation development projects and programmes on time and following accepted standard procedures, in order to move more towards ownership by and alignment to national structures.
Activities related to result 2: The capacity of the NAO office strengthened to efficiently and effectively programme, supervise, manage, monitor the implementation and account for EDF support
Provide support to/ and build capacity of NAO in:
2.1 Preparation of the Identification Fiche and of the Annual Action Programme / Action Fiche;
2.2 Contributing to Project / Programme Audits, Reviews and Evaluations;
2.3 Ensuring gender and other cross cutting issues (Gender, HIV/AIDS, Environment) are addressed in the design and monitoring of projects and programmes and mainstreamed of gender and other cross-cutting issues in capacity building activities;
2.4 Ensure full participation in Programme Steering Committee Meetings of EDF financed projects and programmes;
2.5 Ensuring Annual reviews carried out;
2.6 On-the-job and in-house training in application of EDF procedures to NAO staff;
2.7 Capacity building in application of EDF procedures to implementing line ministries and agencies;
2.8 External training courses in EDF procedures (NAO and line ministries and agencies);
2.9 Support effective reporting of EU Aid Management data into the National Aid Management Platform and provide support for improvements;
2.10 Development of integrated result-oriented for NAO System which is aligned to National M&E system;
2.11 On-the-job and in-house training on result –based programming and monitoring for the NAO staff;
2.12 Ensuring the appropriate profiling, recruiting & monitoring Technical Assistance in EU aid programmes to ensure shifts from implementation responsibilities toward an advisory role;
2.13 Local trainings related to Principles of Aid Effectiveness targeting NAO Office & Directorate of Aid Management and Coordination;
2.14 Up-grading of Accounting and MIS systems software;
2.15 Build staff capacity in Report Writing;
2.16 Inputs to MTR and end of project evaluation of 11th EDF NAO Support Project;
2.17 Identify and facilitate peer exchange programme for relevant NAO staff
Qualifications and skills
• At least a Master’s level university degree in development economics, development cooperation, public administration, or the social sciences;
• Fluent in English (reading and writing), be fully computer literate, and possess very good communication and inter-personal skills;
• Experience with PCM;
• Excellent training and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated skills to work with a wide range of stakeholders/partners, manage complex issue areas and projects, and to produce a quality product under pressure.
• Ability to provide in house training and mentoring
• At least eight (8) years relevant professional experience in public sector development of internationally funded projects and programmes;
• At least five years experience in building/strengthening capacities and staff training in Public administrations;
• At least 3 years experience working with EDF projects/EC procedures ;
• Experience with policy dialogue, in particularly linked with budget support, will be considered an advantage
• Relevant experience in African countries, especially the Anglophone Western Africa region, will be an advantage.
• Experience in a post-conflict environment and/or fragile states will be an advantage.
ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT
Please add "Public Sector Capacity Building expert - TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE NATIONAL AUTHORISING OFFICER OF LIBERIA UNDER THE 11th EDF" in the subject line.
Kindly note that PHONE CALLS ARE NOT ACCEPTED, if you need more information please write to the email address below. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED BACK.
Preferred Format: EU Format / Other formats are accepted
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toFrancesca Castaldi F.CASTALDI @aesagroup.eu, Letizia Alimonti L [dot] ALIMONTI [at] aesagroup [dot] eu
Deadline for Applications: 05/11/2016