Posted on: 28/08/2018
Location / Country: Bangladesh
Project Duration: 57 months
Seeking for: Management Information Systems Expert
Work experience: 5 years
The purpose of this contract is to strengthen the capacities of the Government of Bangladesh to implement strategic reform priorities in the social security sector as follows:
- Serve the needs of the poor and vulnerable through a more effective and comprehensive social security system based on an inclusive life-cycle approach - with a focus on the most nutritionally-vulnerable group (pregnant women and young children);
- Demonstrate how reformed social security and livelihood support can together provide sustainable pathways out of poverty and contribute to key nutritional outcomes.
The contractor is expected to provide technical assistance and capacity building to the institutions of the Government of Bangladesh responsible for delivering the reforms of the National Social Security Strategy (NSSS) to achieve the following results:
- Result 1: Strengthened institutional and accountability frameworks and improved coordination of the social security system - including governance arrangements underpinned by a management system, (inter-ministerial) coordination, rationalisation of social security programmes and strengthened sector PFM (planning, budgeting and execution);
- Result 2: Enhanced capacities, at all levels, to manage the social security system, ensuring evidenced-based policy formulation, planning and implementation - through robust systems for information management and M&E and improved monitoring of the nutritional status of pregnant women and young children;
- Result 3: Improved efficiency of social assistance to pregnant women and children under five - ensuring inclusiveness, optimum coverage (rural/urban), adequacy, predictability of benefits etc.
- Result 4: Facilitation of the overall strategic management of the Bangladesh Resilient Livelihoods Programme
Dates: January 2019 - October 2023 (57 months)
Key expert 3: Management Information Systems Expert (500 working days)
This Expert will indicatively work on a full-time basis for the first two years of the contract then will have intermittent inputs for the remainder of the contract depending on needs (estimated three missions per year). He/she will mainly be responsible for the design, under Result 3, to develop, pilot and test MISs and for assisting with refinement and implementation over the course of the Project. He/she will also be involved in the design and monitoring of the Child Benefit programme, to ensure that lessons are learnt and inform core programme design, and support the Finance Division to roll-out the G2P cash delivery system (after a successful pilot in 2018).
General qualifications and skills:
- At least a Master’s degree in Mathematics, information technology, IT management or other relevant field (or in the case of a Bachelor’s degree, additional 5 years of general professional experience)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
General professional experience:
- 5 years of experience in Management Information Systems (MIS), preferably in the public sector
Specific professional experience:
- 3 years of experience in designing MISs (including technical specifications and/or software solutions) for social assistance and social safety net programmes
- Previous experience in linking MIS for social assistance and social safety net programmes with other relevant MISs of public administration (e.g. civil registration, allowance payment systems)
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted back.
How to apply: Please send an updated CV/resume and a cover letter addressed toIlaria Chiarissi, I [dot] CHIARISSI [at] aesagroup [dot] eu
Deadline for Applications: 29/09/2018